Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about our products.
I have my own product I would like engraved, do you provide engraving on customer supplied products
- The general answer is no, we do not engrave on customer supplied products like jewelry, knives, etc. We can do laser engraving on some wood products, they must be flat, hardwoods engrave the best. We can also laser etch on most stainless steel products, like Yeti mugs, however there are size restrictions and the customer must supply one item at a potential loss for us to setup with. We do are best no to ruin the test product but it can happen. Please contact us directly with your request and we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
I just received my Pocket Seal, how do I insert the dies into the embossing press and/or my pocket seal does not seem to be making a good impression.
- It is really quite simple to setup your pocket seal. View or download the attached pdf file to for step-by-step instruction. Pocket Seals-How-To.pdf
Can I create a custom stamp by providing a file? What types of files do you accept?
- If you have a vector file, convert your fonts to outlines/curves, and forward it to us in actual size. We can accept Corel, Adobe, eps and pdf file types. If you have a bitmap graphic it should be at least 300 dpi and send it to us in an uncompressed .tif format. If you don't have either of these preferred formats send us what you have and will let you know if we can use them - most often we can!
How do I place an order?
- We offer several options for you to order from us. Use the menu above to browse our selection of products. You can order rubber stamps, name tags, embossing seals, industrial tags, plaques and awards in our online store. If you would like assistance with your order you can fill out an online form to request a proof and a quote or you can download and print a PDF order form and fax or e-mail your order to us.
If I place an order online, how it is processed?
When you place your order online we will process your order as follows:
- your order will be processed either the same day or the next business day, depending on when you place your order
- if you have requested a proof it will be sent to you at this time
- you will receive an e-mail letting you know when we have processed your order
- once your order is shipped, usually the next business day, you will receive a completed order confirmation e-mail, with your package tracking number.
How long does is take to process my order?
- If you have requested a proof and quote from us we will get back to you within 24 hours, usually the same day. Once the proof has been approved and payment arrangements made your order will ship within 24 hours, again usually the same day.
- If you place your order through our online store we will process your order either the same day or next business day depending on when you place your order. For most orders they will be shipped the following business day.
- Products like plaques or signs are usually processed within 2 days. If we have any questions or concerns about your order we will contact you before manufacturing.
How long does it take for my order to arrive?
Depending on your location and the type of shipping you choose, please see our shipping page for more details.
- Parcel Post in Canada usually takes between 1 - 2 business days for local delivery and 3 - 7 business days for national delivery.
- Express Post Canada usually takes between 1 - 2 business days for local delivery and 3 - 5 business days for national delivery.
- Orders shipped to the USA by Tracked Packet usually take between 5 - 7 business days.
- Orders shipped to the USA by Expedited Parcel usually take between 3 - 7 business days.
The shipping times and rates will e display in your shopping cart prior to the final checkout process.
Can I pick up my order?
- Yes, if you are local to Calgary, and ordering online you will be presented with the pickup option during the checkout process.
- We are open Monday - Thursday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm for pickups and on Friday from 8:30 - 4:00 pm.
What type of payments do we accept?
- We accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express credit cards, we also accept payment by Paypal, Interac Debit, cash and cheques.
The prices shown on our website are in Canadian Dollars all currency conversion will be done by your credit card company and will show up on your credit card statement - your invoice amount will not match your credit card charge due to the currency conversion difference.
Do you provide tracking information for shipments?
- Yes we have and can provide tracking information for all shipments.
- You will receive a shipping confirmation and tracking number from Canada Post when your order is shipped. If you don't receive it check your junk mail folder, or contact us. The tracking number will also be posted to your order details online.
Refund & Return Policy
Do the customized nature of our products we do not accept returns or exchanges unless the item you purchased is defective. If you receive a defective item, please contact us at email@example.com with details of the product and the defect. We will issue you a RMA number and then you can send the item you consider defective to:
Dominion Stamps & Engraving
Bay 8, 1216 – 34 Avenue NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 6L9
Upon receipt of the returned product, we will fully examine it and notify you via e-mail, within a reasonable period of time, whether you are entitled to a refund or a replacement as a result of the defect. If you are entitled to a replacement or refund, we will replace the product or refund the purchase price, using the original method of payment.
Refunds do not include any shipping and handling charges shown on the packaging slip or invoice. Shipping charges for all returns must be prepaid and insured by you. You are responsible for any loss or damage during shipment. We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item. Shipping charges are not refundable. Any amounts refunded will not include the cost of shipping.